Wood burning stoves come in two different kinds of combustion technology: Catalytic and Non-catalytic Consider the unique benefits of each in relation to your specific needs.
AS A PRIMARY HEAT SOURCE
Offering higher efficiency heating, catalytic wood stoves are ideal for those who wish to replace a major portion of their heating needs with their wood stove. Note: A catalyst needs to be cleaned and maintained and generally needs to be replaced every 5 years or so.
- Higher efficiency lowers fuel costs to heat your home.
- Longer, more even heat output with thermostatic air control
- Reduced particulates for a cleaner, more eco-friendly burn
FOR SUPPLEMENTARY HEAT OR AMBIENCE
Non-catalytic wood stoves are slightly more affordable and require less maintenance. Easy to start and operate, a non-catalytic stove is ideal for those with less heating demands.
- Lively flame picture
- Easy to use and maintain -
no catalytic combustor
- Hassle-free operation
FlexBurn™ Catalytic/Non-Catalytic Convertible wood stoves from Vermont Castings feature a unique, 3-STAGE burn system that creates heat three times. You’ll enjoy a cleaner, more efficient burn whether you operate in catalytic or non-catalytic mode.learn more
- Enjoy longer burn times
- Low emissions for greater peace of mind
- Save up to $1,400 in fuel costs*